- D-Luciferin Firefly, potassium salt, 1.0 g /vial
(Caliper Life Sciences Part Number #119222)
- Sterile water
- Complete media
- Prepare a 200X Luciferin stock solution (30 mg/ml) in sterile water. Mix gently by inversion until Luciferin is completely dissolved. Use immediately, or aliquot and freeze at -20 °C for future use.
Note: One can either reconstitute the entire 1.0 g of D- Luciferin in 33.3 mL of sterile water to make the 30 mg/mL (200x) stock solution, or reconstitute the quantity of D-Luciferin necessary for an individual experiment.
- Prepare a 150 μg/mL working solution of D-Luciferin in pre-warmed tissue culture medium.
Quick thaw 200X stock solution of Luciferin and dilute 1:200 in complete media (150 μg/mL final).
- Aspirate media from cultured cells.
- Add 1x Luciferin solution to cells just prior to imaging.
Note: Incubating the cells for a short time at 37 °C before imaging can increase the signal.